cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container based sampling without a sample drawing procedure

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a situation where sampling has to be calculated based on number of containers.

But as far as i can see, number of containers is only taken into consideration when using sample drawing procedures.

I cannot use sample drawing procedures.  Basically, when you switch to using drawing procedures, the results of testing are put in different results tables, (QAMR normally versus QASR with sample procedures.  Due to customization by previous folks, many existing customizations would fail if the results were in different tables.

For instance, I order 50,000 labels.  They usually come 500 labels per roll.  But they could be 300 per roll sometimes, or 400 per roll at times. 

Inspection is done by rolls.  At receipt, they enter 100 rolls for number of containers.  I want to calculate based on 100 "containers", not 50,000 labels.

This can also happen with bulk material.  20,000 KGS are ordered.  They don't care what it arrives in. They inspect it by the drum, regardless of drum size.  So at GR 400 Kg dr they enter 50 containers.  200 kg drum, 100 containers.

So for one test, I want to assign a sampling procedure that uses number of containers instead of lot quantity. (100 rolls so inspect 11 ea)

For another test, I want to assign a sampling procedure that uses the full lot quantity to determine sample quantity.  (fixed qty 1 ea)

For another test, I want to assign a sampling procedure that uses the full lot quantity to determine sample quantity.  (50,000 labels, 500 sample size)

For bulk:

So for one test, I want to assign a sampling procedure that uses number of containers instead of lot quantity. (50 drums so inspect 8 ea)

For another test, I want to assign a sampling procedure that uses the full lot quantity to determine sample quantity.  (fixed qty 1 ea)

Any ideas of how to use number of containers in a sample procedure without using a sample drawing procedure?

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can define logic in function module assigned to "Rules for Sample determination"

Spro>QM>Basic Data>Sample SPC>Define sample determination>Adapt rules for sample

determination

You can create new sampling Type, create function module with logic to read container / Drum   

data in it ,and adopt it in rule,create sampling procedure using new sampling type

Hope this will help

Thanks

Diwakar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I've looked at the FM used for the sampling procedure when using a sampling scheme.  But the FM doesn't import the number of containers. I am going to have a developer look at it in greater depth tomorrow.

Craig