cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO report : Saving Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing very strange issue while using save as functionality of analysis for excel.

I created several BO reports using "Analysis for Microsoft Excel", which I saved in the BO Portal under "My Favorites".

If I "Open" any of these BO reports and "Save", it gets saved in the BO Portal, as expected, but when I "Open", "Save As" on my desktop, do some changes and "Save" again, then it gets saved in the BO Portal and not on the desktop as it should.

I am using AO 1.4 SP13. I think this is a product bug.

Appreciate your response.

Regards,

Niket Talati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niket Talati,

Your issue solved with below note, (should be available in next SP14 )

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2213699

Thanks & Regards,
Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Yeah I know. Actually I raised an OSS message for this issue and they have fixed this in SP14.

Thanks for the response

Regards,

Niket Talati

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niket Talati,

You found a nice bug 🙂 You may open a incident for this

i also experienced same with your steps

Follow Below Work around :

issue is because of the session management. After you save the work book to locally session still pointing to BIP.

To solve this, After saving to your desktop/locally, close workbook and Analysis Office. Now open Analysis Office and open your local workbook do the necesary chnages and save it.With this workaround changes will get saves to locally only

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for the response.

I have already tried the work around before writing this in SCN thread and it's working fine. The issue is only occurring when opening the report from BIP.

I will raise an incident for this.

Regards,

Niket Talati