cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing negative balance of an CIP asset

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can anybody help me understanding why the below situations occurs:

I have an Internal order (Capitalized IO) whose CIP asset is showing a balance of -0.90 in AS03. But when I pull the KOB1 report it shows 50000 or display the Budget/Actual/Commitment report it showing a value for  50000 in the Actual Column.Why is it so?

The IO is capitalized to more than 25 assets and some assets are disposed also. In this case I am also not able to settle the -0.90 to the final assets. Is there any way to clear this -0.90 and finally to close the IO.?

Thanks & Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Have you directly capitalized to CWIP asset or through IO after that done settlement? Please explain clearly.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

I've capitalized the CIP asset through IO, Automatic settlement using Tcode KO88.Then from CIP to final asset capitalization using KO88 ( full settlement )

thanks

Praveen

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The CIP asset is showing as 0.90 due to you have not completely transfer the amount to final asset, due to this it is showing balance. If you want to write off this difference from the asset/IO, then you have to manually pass JV.

Write off GL Dr

Asset A/c Cr or Exp.A/c Cr with the order no.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thank for the reply regarding writing off the amount using JV
Mu doubt still is that I'm having a negative value for the cip asset ie, -0.90.and when I pull the "actuals/allotted/committed" report for the IO its showing as 50000 in the "actual" head. Why is it so???

Thanks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check the date maintained while executing the report KOB1 and also check the IO in KO03 by selecting cost analysis, if you have settled the order to asset then debit & credit entries will show and check the credit entry posting date.

Regards,

Mukthar