cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Webservice Source system And DataSource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

in APO BW we have configured Webservice. So for that we have created Webservice type source system & Data source. We have also created Upstream Structures like DTP, transformation & Infocube. Upon Configuring Webservice URL in SOAMANAGER everything working in development system.

now we want to transport these all objects. So logicaly I have tried to  transport Source system first. but I am not allowed to create transport for this and I am getting error 'source systems are not transported' so I even tried to create TR for only Data source and transport but it gave me RC=8 error.

Kindly Suggest way to carry out transports.

Regards

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are Screenshots of Detailed Errors

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Please display the full error message (click on the small icon left to it) and share it with a screenshot:

Error while activating/deleting Web service: no destination maintained

It could indeed be related to SAP Note 1862330 - Error when generating Web Service Datasources as Colm already suggested.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both

I tried to transport Datasource without Sourcesystem but it failed with error 16 and 8.

Then as per sander's suggestion created Source systen in Q system and also maintained mapping Rule s and the reimported the same TR but again it failed.

below are screenshot of mapping as well TR reimport

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you click into the error in the log what is the Longtext? You have only provided the overall errors, click into the error line until you can go no further and you will see error codes. These are what you need to troubleshoot the error.

I think it is an authorization issue, always is with these datasources, please check to see if the T803575 has the authorization I listed, if they dont then the activation of the datsource will fail in the target!

If the errors are different, please attach them individually to this thread.

Colm

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

make sure the user DDIC or similar has the following authorizations to generate the webservice datasource in the after-import-method... (SAP_ALL is not enough)

1862330 - Error when generating Web Service Datasources

Add the longtexts of the error from the transport log for further recommendations.

Hope this helps,

Colm

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

A Source System has to be created in every subsequent BW system. You cannot transport it since the settings of the connection are specific in every system. This is the first action to do. It is of course a one-time action per system.

The next action is maintaining the table with mapping rules for logical system conversion (i.e. table RSLOGSYSMAP). This table is read during after import of source system dependent transport requests (e.g. DataSources which are bound to a Source System). The DataSource is created in Development (e.g. logical system BWDCLNT100). During import in the Quality System (e.g. BWQCLNT100) the Source System has to be converted from BWDCLNT100 to BWQCLNT100.

Please refer also to SAP Help.

Best regards,

Sander