cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasource of workbook not available after Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

I've opened a AO workbook (which has worked fined for long time). It's still possible to open the workbook but if you open the designarea the objects and keyfigures of the data source are not shown.

Nonetheless the outline (with the right data) is shown in the Excel sheet. But I cannot change the outline (rows and columns) because no objects and key figures are shown.

I checked the query (works fine) and also the workbook has not been changed.

The curiosity is, that sometimes the objects and keyfigures are shown and sometimes when requesting the reports these aren't shown (as in the attached screenshot).

I heard about an update of Analysis for Office, which should have taken place. Could that be the reason?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

I've been working quite a while now with AO but never heard about your issue...

Do you have the Report Name included as formula? Do it once.

=SAPGetSourceInfo("DS_1"; "DataSourceName")

... and does it really show the Report Name, when the fields are blank in the "Analyse" tab?

Or does it show "#NV" ?

From my point of view this ONLY happens when the Datasource is not connected to the System!

Could it be you have some Workbooks which refresh on opening and other's don't?

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I found out that I need to click into the Report (just one cell which is filled with data). After that  my objects and key figures are shown in the design Panel.

Do you know why I have to do that? Is there any way to bypass this?

Thank's für your help.

Kind regards,

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

this is Standard behaviour, nothing to wonder 😉

It is the same with the context menu (mouse right click):

If you are located on a Datasource cell it will contain AO features, if you are located on a "normal" Excel cell it will contain the Excel menu.

There is no way to bypass it at the moment.

Best regards, Martin

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Heike J,

Display panel shows the values based on the focus of your cursor, because when you have multiple data sources, theoritically display panel should know for which data source dimensions, Key figures should display.

there is no way to bypass, workaround i can give you is that, place the cursor on data source(crosstab) and save the workbook, next time when you refresh the workbook or data source, because the cursor is on the crosstab, diaply panel automatically shows the charactrietics and key figures

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thank you for help

Maybe I can the the workbook so that the Cursor is positioned in a with data filled cell.

I will close my question.

Kind regards,

Heike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heike - I assume you are on the Analysis Office 1.4 release?  If so, it is always good to go up a support pack; latest one is SP13.  Could you apply that and see if you still experience issues?