Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter in Delta Mode

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello together,

if you are common with sap bw you migh can answer this easy

we are using a 3rd party tool to extract data via SAP-standard api.

however im facing the problem that filters work fine in init mode, but not in delta mode.

looks like filters are stored in Table ROOSPRMSF in init mode and only used for init extractions.

when calling the z-datasource FM-Routine filters are not passed to I_SELECT parameter.

is this a standard SAP-behaviour, or should filters also work for Delta-Extractions?

Regards

Stefan Seeburger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Standard behavior is that the filter used in the delta initialization is also used in subsequent delta extractions. Otherwise it will lead to an inconsistent dataset.

If I understand you correctly you are working with a custom DataSource based on a Function Module. Can you please share the coding?

Re. the 3rd party tool, which tool are you using? Do you experience the same problem if you extract the delta w/o the 3rd party tool?

Best regards,

Sander

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hellow Sander van Willigen,

thanks for your reply.

yes you did understand it correctly. but the problem is not with my coding. the problem is that the 3rd party tool uses the functions of function group RSAP and that the standard SAP-workflow is a bit wired, when it comes to extractions

In the call in the very beginning of standard sap coding, i can see the filter criteria via debugger (in init and Delta mode-call). But when my custom function is called inside the standard coding, the filter criteria is only moved to the input-parameters of my custom-function when it is a init-call. a Delta-mode call does not provide the selection criteria in the input parameters of my custom function.

theres also a little "Bug" with extractions with custom functions i got aranged with.

When it comes to extractions with custom function i found out that there is no way via standard SAP to figure out (inside the custom function) if its a delta call or a full load.  (because SAP got different interfaces for their own calls of FMs and calls of Z-FMs - in call of Z-FMs they droped the MODE-parameter) so if you just want to select delta data in a custom function, you got a big problem

still there is a little trick to find out the mode. it is by defining your extraction as generic Delta field in RSO2. because then the standard sap behavior is to add this field to the selection criteria inside the custom FM in delta mode, but not in Full-Mode. this makes you able to find out if its a delta call or a full call

neverthe less in init call i get all the filter criteria. but in delta call i get only the 1 field in filter criteria, i set in rso2, but no more filter for example the language or the order type and stuff like that.

the 3rd party tool is "theobald". if i want to debug the calls of theobald, i set an external break point in include LRSAPF01 at line 511.

im just working with exractions in ERP for 1 year. So far i can tell that the standard SAP-extraction process got some mean pitfalls

i got th feeling that maybe SAP-BW does the filter in BW itself and not in the data-extraction in ERP. because it looks like it is not possible to pass the filter criteria to the custom function.

maybe its possible for ale-extractions but custom-FM extractions seems to bedifferent.

well you did answer my qustion as you said that it is possible in SAP BW to also filter the delta-extractions.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Answers (0)