cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the update PD lost the references

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After to update the PD from Service Pack 2 to SP 5 and to change the instalation directory from Sybase(c:/Program files (x86)/Sybase/.....) to SAP (c:/Program files/SAP/.....), the application lost all references to the resource files and to the help. I could change some paths in General Options ( menu General Options/Named Paths) to new directory SAP but I'm still not able to access to Help even pressing F1 key.

Anyone could help me?

Thanks, Jan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I was upgrading from 16.5.0 to 16.5.5 and also going from 32-bit to 64-bit. I had the same problems as you after changing what I could in the PD Client (Options, etc.) interface. As Chris suggests, a complete uninstall of the old version, followed by a fresh install of the new one will work.

I chose to look into my existing installation and there were tons of Windows registry entries still pointing to the non-existent 32-bit installation directory (about 200 of them). There are now registry entries under an SAP folder and others under a Sybase folder. Some (many ??) of the Sybase ones are still in use because the installation had definitely changed those. I went through and changed them all to point to the new \Program Files\SAP\PowerDesigner 16 directory.

It all seems to be working now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

Same problem here - was upgrading from first 16.5 (32-bit) to latest version (64-bit). A bit of a challenge for user upgrades because we have managed desktops so most upgrades will end up being unattended.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Usually I leave the installation directory alone during an update, which this was.

If you need to change the installation directory, then you should uninstall fully.  You can reinstall using the SP5 directly.

For now, you should be able to fix the folder names in the Windows Registry to point to the new location.  You have already done some of this in General Options.

Chris