cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom icons for index page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently working on Business Client for desktop and want to change icons on the index page of the business client so that each section of the index page have its own icon (in a specific color depending on the business area). The icons must be individually custom-colored (for each role/box on the index page), but I cannot find a way of just pointing to other icons that those officially delivered by SAP. This does not seem to work:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/49/ef8f4213ad28f9e10000000a42189c/content.htm

as I cannot just point to a specific URL in the mime repository (even though the description suggests that it might be possible).

A similar thread also gives no hint : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3166054

Is this really not possibly to set up custom icons for the index page in 2015 when UX is this much in focus without hacking the theme files of the mime repository??

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

we know it's a painpoint. But with the the SAP UI Theme Designer it is finally possible to change the colors of the index page icons. This might be helpful in some cases.

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, Rasmus,

Perhaps this is something that can be added to the

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the theme designer. But we want to have different colours per business area, and the theme designer only allows for changing the base colour

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I've now taken the liberty to do this - I could so I did

Delete the entry if it is not appropriate...

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Former Member
0 Kudos

A fair warning, the development effort of launch pages is heavily focused on Fiori Launchpad and it will be the standard solution for NWBC going forward. I'm not sure but Fiori Launchpad might already support group/tile specific icons and if it doesn't, it probably is one of the features that will be added in the future. Point being, I think your requirement is more application specific than generic which the UI Theme Designer addresses. Pinging to get expert insights on Fiori Launchpad integration in NWBC and the requirement in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm aware of this, but at the moment, we're going for the index page as this is a better concept for experts, actually (surprizing to us too, but our user studies shows this as the fiori launchpad gets overloaded when users have access to a lot of functionality - as experts tend to do).

We're also involved in the Fiori Launchpad council and have a similar requirement for the launchpad as icons also change with the theme here.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

you can add your themes to specific roles. Just open IMG -> Assign parameter values -> Path filter

Please have a look into the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/81/c4a52594b24f9b8ce3b6b00777c3bc/content.htm?frameset=.../b5/ea36260245480d84fa23564bd44fa8/plain.htm&node_id=33

Setting a custum Theme for NWBC

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the tip.

I've already made the configuration (generally, not based on role) but the configuration does not work Currently, we are not able to show custom themes...

Kind regards,

Rasmus

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon, hi everyone,

We have not closed down this requests blog.

However, I have to reiterate what I said on the blog itself: We have no currently plans to start another Customer Connection for NWBC  or side panel features in the foreseeable future. I have not deleted the blog - because of the work that has already gone into it, but my suggestion is that there is no longer any point in promoting this blog.

Development is now focused on Fiori integration (as Samuli Kaski suggests below).

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Yes, I can basically confirm what Samuli has said:

Development in future will be heavily focused on Fiori Launchpad as home page, so no further major developments in Index Page.

AFAIK, UI theme designer will not help in this case.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Have you considered that the LaunchPad might not be the best view for Experts? Having access to many transactions, the overview of the LaunchPad is quite poor.

Have you done any user testing on this?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus, the FLP is also role-based - deliver task-based user interface with predifined groups for FLP homepage. See https://experience.sap.com/fiori-design/ Regards, Sandra

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

Yes, several customers / partners have given feedback along the same lines, and we take this seriously. We are currently researching how best to incorporate the feedback.

In general, if you want to see how Fiori will possibly develop in future, there is are a number of Teched lectures, and a Roadmap Q&A, where you could raise exactly this question.

Best wishes,

Julie.

Answers (0)