cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPLS_CR038 - Values '&1','&2' are different in the higher-level characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I'm receiving this message when I execute the input ready query and not exactly sure how to resolve this issue?

Did anyone see this message before and I think this is the reason the query is failing to disaggregate the values?

Please advice?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you will get this message in case of compounded characteristics are used on different axes in the query view. Compounded characteristics have more than one key field in the master data table. But one can use the compounded characteristics and the higher level characteristics separately in the query. This may lead to empty cells i.e. the characteristic values contradict each other.

Most basic example is cost area (CA) and cost center (CC) are compounded, the master data table has two key fields, CA and CC, so having

CA     CC

a1      c1

a2      c2

in the master data table and CC drilled-down in the rows and CA drilled-down in the columns you would get the matrix

a1     a2

c1

c2

and only the cell on the diagonal can be input-ready.

This is only one simple example. Having more compounded characteristics many more situations may exist where you might get this message. If you get these kind of message this often indicates suboptimal data models, e.g. heavy usage of compounding, sometimes combined with 'strange' cardinality of compounding parents. E.g. I have seen compounded characteristics like this:

A B C

i.e. C is compounded by A and B and B had much more master data values than C.

Anyway, this might also make cells not input-ready for the 'disaggregation list' used when changed values will be disaggregated. Check note 994853 (attached PDF document) about disaggregtion, e.g. there you can find how the 'disaggregation list' is defined so that you might simulate this with the query you are using by adding characteristics to rows and some dynamic filters.

Regards,

Gregor