cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch value from class 001

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I posted this issue earlier in another discussion here but istill haven't resolved it.  So I thought I'd give another try maybe with some better details.

First.. I have a material class, (001), with the characteristic STANDARD_POTENCY in it.  It has a value of 94.235

This is a screen shot from mm03 of the classifiaction tab showing the 001 material class assigment.

I have a batch class (023) with a characteristic BATCH_STD_POTENCY in it assigned to the material in classification too.

This is a screen shot from mm03 of the classifiaction tab showing the 023 batch class assigment.

Now, whenever any batches are created, regardless of how, I want to populate BATCH_STD_POTENCY in the batch record, with the STANDARD_POTENCY value from the material class.

Below is a screen shot from MSC3n.

The reason we want to do this is that some calculations are performed using this standard portency.  We can accomplish the calculations with no problem using dependencies in the batch.  I thought a function module would be able to be used variant config to grab the value from the material class and default it into the batch characteristic BATCH_STD_POTENCY.  But the best we've done so far is to get the value checked as a spec.  I.e. if no value is enterred, or the value doesn't match up to the value in the material class, we get an inconsistency error.  But we can't get it too populate the characteristic for us.

Any suggestions or other approaches we might try?  Has anyone done something like this??

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arivazhagan_sivasamy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try this exit - SAPLV1ZN?

Regards,

Arivazhagan S