Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add table in Travel WDA Application

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to add table as shown below in travel request screen(FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA)

and update the entries in custom database table  .

I got a below link to add fields in travel request screen

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41887

Could you please help me to add table in travel request screen and update the entries in custom table.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

the approach I outlined in my document (which you linked) does not work for deep structures (strings, tables, etc.). If you want to implement a custom table into the process, you'll have to implement all insert/update/delete statements for all possible use cases in all relevant standard resources which is going to be a huge amount of work.

I would like to question the requirement for such a custom table since it looks almost exactly like the service request VC which is already available in the standard solution.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your early response.

Could you please tell me what is service request VC that is already available in the standard solution.

Actually my requirement is to give employee to enter his transportation details(more than one) as

mentioned in the above screen-shot.

can I store the transportation details in standard table if so can you please explain me so that we can go with the same.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the WDYN VC is called FITE_VC_SERVICE_REQUEST. In FITVFELD_WEB for Schema PL the flag "Entry of Travel Services" must be checked, otherwise it won't be visible. System Requirement is ECC 6.0 EHP2.

This standard function is doing exactly what you wrote, i.e. providing a table to enter hotels, flights, trains, cars + other travel services which the traveler would like to be provided with for his trip. These travel services will then later be stored in transparent table FTPT_REQUEST.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

What in case the client is not having travel planning implemented?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraja,

it's irrelevant whther FI-TV-PL is used or not, you'll still have the pre-planning data available in travel request.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your early response.

We have done below as suggested by you.

In FITVFELD_WEB for Schema PL we have checked the flag "Entry of Travel Services" .

But inaddition to what provided by SAP in flights table we need two other fields flight type and flight class.

could you please suggest how to add other two field in standard table flights and store it in  transparent table FTPT_REQUEST.

Thanks inadvance.

Regards,

Santhoshi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

by using the enhancement framework 🙂

i.e. Create an additional Z-structure that you can use as an append in FTPT_REQUEST, enhance the respective WDYN-Views add your own UI-Elements, Context and enhance the business logic to consider your added fields. I've done the same in our system and works quite well (and it isn't as scary as enhancing the cluster).

Cheers, Lukas

former_member223165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

Do we need to write logic in some method of the respective WDYN-view or in some exit.

kindly help me.

Regards,

Santhoshi.