cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Add In causing Outlook to freeze

0 Kudos

Hi C4C Gurus,

Our users are complaining about Outlook getting stuck after working for few minutes very frequently since the SAP Outlook Addin has been installed even when left idle. Please let us know if there are any clues or way forward on this.

Best Regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having similar issues.  I have to start and restart several times for Outlook to work properly.  I am using Outlook 2013 and Office 365 as my email provider.

It appears part of the issue has to do with something the plug in is doing on the back end.  It has created a folder called “ManageAppointmentActivityIn1”.  This folder has grown to 49GB and subsequently shut down my email account for being over the size limit.

Since that time I have disabled the plug in, removed the plug in from windows, and deleted the all cloud for customer folders visible in outlook on both computers I used the plug in on.  Unfortunately the folder is not visible and had to be deleted via powershell.

To everyone’s surprise the folder recreated itself and continues to grow.  Does anyone know about this?  Is there a hook directly from C4C to the email that is creating this folder (maybe others)?

Thank you ,

Allen.

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is in the process of shipping a new plug-in version to address this matter. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this for freezing in general or does this address folder issues as well?

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it does. Once the old addin is uninstalled please delete the c4c folder in your inbox and then install the new version of the addin.

Thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Solutions when Outlook freezes

If you're using Windows 10, right-click Start and type Outlook.exe/safe. Press Enter, and this should open Outlook in safe mode.
In Windows 7, go to Start, and type Outlook/safe. Press Enter.
If you're using Windows 8, open “Apps,” select “Run,” and type Outlook/safe. Click OK.

Regards,
Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

I would highly encourage you to log an incident from within C4C for this issue. When an incident is logged, it captures a couple of traces that can be used by SAP support team to investigate the issue. SAP support will also ask for some more info. related Outlook version, Add-in version, hardware details etc. that are required to diagnose such an issue.

Thanks

Karan

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

Could you provide the version of Outlook users are using? Also, the pre-requisite versions like .Net Framework and others which are needed for Outlook add-in to work (Take a screen shot from Control Panel -> Programs & Features)?

Also, let us know if users have Microsoft Office 365 on their machines.

BR

Ankur