cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Client is creating new parts in ECC and transferring in EWM, New parts are put-away to the General Storage Type. Location Maintenance team shall update the Product Master of these parts assigning the correct Storage Type to these products at later stage. Using adhoc movements these parts are binned in the correct bins. How can i map this scenario in EWM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Suraj

Suraj, i have one query related to exception code, for example, i am receiving an HU at deconsolidation station then i am starting deconsolidation then i found that two parts is missing so in that case i want to do putaway of my actual received qty and balance qty which is not received i want to split in a new task, so this new task will do putaway in my shortage bin. The same process i want to follow at each level like decon, putaway etc... for one container each day.

Whenever my container putaway got completed then supervisor will see the total shortage in container, now he will create a vendor return for shortage qty after transferring this shortage qty to final putaway Bin.

This scenario is required because of custom obligations.

Can you please let me know how can handle this scenario with standard exceptions or slightly development.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Check exception splt or DIff or u can make your own.

Split can make multiple wt as per qty and then you can del rem as you want in.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

I have a requirement in my inbound process, i am using POSC + LOSC (Unloading->GR-Zone->Deconsolidation-> Bin Drop->Final Putaway), in this inbound cycle we want to use fixed HU for Totes and Trolley with Bar Code so that user will scan Tote and put the material in Tote and he will send this tote to Bin Drop Area where Binner will bin the material.

So here my query is, how to create fixed HU with fixed number range per HU, so that it will be reused again.

Thanks & Regards

SAP Pandit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandit

you achieve via external nr for HU and create HU and use for internal use. And this can be reused.

use PICK HU concept for your process and you can take that trough flow.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for your reply..

External HU Nr Range is fine but can you put some more light on Pick HU concept, when we are going for deconsolidation of HU that time we have two options, one is to give Packing Material No. and HU Number, another is to give Destination HU / Bin, so which we need to select.

SAP Pandit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow the steps mentioned in the attached blog to close the thread http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

former_member209023
Participant
0 Kudos

Suraj,

Apreciate your efforts to help other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Thanks for your guidance Suraj

Rajeev Jindal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandit,

If reply was use full please like some of them.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

If i want to use some Standard SAP Field for this purpose then how can we add standard SAP field in this.

Rajeev Jindal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Check with technical consultant. That can you get some more filed in dropdowns

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Suraj...

I will check this scenario and come back. But i have one another query, my client is asking us to do picking of material using FIFO method with Bill of Entry (Custom Document Reference Number). For Example - we received custom document number 0001 material and then custom document number 002 material after some time & we did putaway.

Now we want to pick material from warehouse then we want to remove first custom document number 0001 material from my warehouse.

Can you please let me know how can we do that......

Rajeev Jindal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

All looks good and achievable to me as per standard customization, check removal customization and your field.

in removal strategy check GR date +  Bill of Entry (Custom Document Reference Number) and get acceding or descending as req.

Regards

Suraj  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for your reply....

As per standard GR Date field is already available in Stock Removal Rule -> Sort Field but Bill of Entry Field is not available, how can i add Bill of Entry Field in Sort Field.

Rajeev Jindal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Hope you need to built custom development.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

For adhoc process you do not need storage type.

as far I know,

step 1 when you receive the product stock  keep product in any dummy bin.

step 2 find the actual place and update mat1 and then you can do adhoc as required.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for your reply....

But my client is asking us to put material in general storage type and in general bin initially after unloading, staging, deconsolidation and later on they will see in warehouse which bin is applicable for this product then they want to change Storage Type as well as storage bin with putaway strategy as well as stock removal strategy in MAT1.

Can you please elaborate this scenario.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In case of if you do not have final bin then I will say in place of decon use packing /repacking. At the same time dont use auto wt , use manual wt/adhoc. and for final destination after repack you can use monitor for HU to create final wt and use for putaway in final bin.

Hope it suites your process.

Regards

Suraj