cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete indexes in BIA(BI Accelerator) without rebuilding

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, when I delete data(request) in an InfoCube, the data on the BI accelerator is not physically deleted, but left as kinda garbage Data(which takes up space on the BI accelerator server).

So I regularly rebuild the BI accelerator index every weekend for the data consistency of the InfoCube and BI Accelerator.

But the thing is that I handle the very huge and important data, so when I make a mistake on the process of rebuilding, it is very critical.

So I just wonder if there is some ways to delete data(Indexes) on the BI accelerator physically, when I delete the same data(request) in an InfoCube. (I want to reduce the number of rebuilding)

Or I would appreciate it if anyone lets me know good alternatives not to rebuild every weekend.

Best regards,

Jeongmoo Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JEONG MOO LEE,

Please check the following steps mentioned into the below explanation regarding to deletion of BIA indexes:

http://www.stechies.com/delete-one-more-bia-indexes/

Best Regards,

Sonia.

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeong,

Refer below link to drop index via process chain.

Best Regards,

Hitesh

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeongmoo Lee,

You can delete the bia index in two ways:- 1. right click on cube for which the indexes you want to delete-select maintain bwa index- it will take you to screen where there are options to create,display & delete.Click to delete to delete index.

Or you can add drop index variant in process chain.