SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What module do you use for Faculty research

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I think, every university faculty research activities and i want to know what module do you use.

for a long time we use SAP PS module but looks not good becuase there is too much development

and some guys also recommend SAP GM module.

is there anyone who can recommend which module is good for faculty research support and why ?.

regards,

jin dal

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jin Dal - The SAP Grants Management for Grantee (GM) module supports the back-office accounting for research funding.  The module was released over 10 years ago and has 300+ Customer live around the world.  The solution supports SAP's corporate strategy and has been HANA enabled and provides a Fiori app for the Grant master record.  in addition SAP's Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) and Innovation Management solutions can be used to support Research funding proposal development, project and resource management and we have provided content for Business Object Dashboards for funding and administrative management.  please let me know if you need any additional information.  kind regards, Keith

0 Kudos

Hello james,

Thanks for your answer and please let me ask some more question.

1) with GM

-. Research funding

2) with PPM

-. funding proposal development

-. project and resources management

according above classification,

for research funding we have to use GM

and for research funding and recources management we have to use PPM

or GM and PPM

can i also ask what is difference between FM and GM

as far as i know, FM is for budget purpose.

regards,

jin dal