cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding databases to resource files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add new databases to resource files.From my research I found that it can be done by creating .xdb files extension.Please let me know how to create .xdb files.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The best way to add a new database is to copy an existing DBMS definition using the resource editor. This is documented at:

DBMS Definition Files - Customizing and Extending
PowerDesigner - SAP Library at:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pd1655_customize/helpdata/en/c7/d09d766e1b1014ac51d8e69d07d170/content.h...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you chris!!!!

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just remember, please rename the custom xdb you create, that way it is not overwritten when SAP provides an update/patch. Then also give it a name like <DBMS> <Ver> <Company/System>.xdb and also use the same template in the Name of the xdb.

Cheers,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Matt...

Thank you!

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

To add to Matt's point -

When you base your DBMS .xdb on an existing, PD original definition (and just rename yours accordingly), if you upgrade your DBMS to another version in the future or you just want fixes in your DBMS definition, you can roll your changes forward in your DBMS definition by merging changes from an upgraded or new PD definition to get the new features/fixes of the PD definition into your definition

This works because you based your definition on the same codeline.

Chris

Answers (0)