cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRFplus vs Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since BRF plus says it is based on rules. But how exactly BRFPLUS is different than WORKFLOW.?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi Vijay,

very generic question . The workflow or any workflow engine describes the path an item can go in order to achieve a specific goal. A business rule engine like BRFplus describes the rules that define which path in concrete has to be taken in the flow. So whenever a decision has to be taken in a workflow this would be the place for a rules engine.

So in short the workflow describes the possible paths that can be taken and a rules engine decides which concrete paths have to be taken for a single item in the workflow.

BR

Christian

sbl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Also as a complementary reply, BRF+ Function can easily be integrated into a workflow, in a step where you indicate the task check the button and from there you can mention a BRF+ function, this will create the task and the container .

Besides from the BRF+ you can trigger a workflow...

So for me this are two tools one is calculating the other distributing the work.

In SRM, BRF was disapointing me as both a workflow consultant and SRM consultant, I think it was made to make things easier for people who did not understand workflow but for those who knew it was a pain.

BRF+, is for me quite different and has a lot of potential application once you have understood how to split your BRF+ application, and separate the function from your decision table in order to get things in workfbench application and having your table in master data application that gives a full control and maximum flexibility.

I know this is not the precise answer you are looking for but BRF+ is quite and abstract tool and so most of the answer depends of the context.

Best regards

Stephane