Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDGM - Custom entity under MVKE

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a custom entity which should be situated underneath the Distribution Chain level of data in a one to many relationship.

I have set this up...BUT the sales org and distribution channel are not pulling through to the custom entity.

I have noticed that my entity is under node MARA in the metadata and I need it to be under the node MVKE for this to work I think (example like MLANSALES).

How do I set up a custom entity to situate itself under the MVKE node and not the MARA node?

I presumed it would be relationships BUT I have tried all combinations of relationships (MATERIAL leading, MVKESALES leading etc.) and they all put my custom entity under the MARA node. Interestingly MLANSALES has no reference to MVKE in the data model but is found under the MVKE node in the metadata. How can this be?

All MDG documents I have read only deal with custom entities under the MARA node, so I can not find an answer in the documents.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

or if it doesn't need to be under MVKE - how would I make sure the custom table changes for each distribution chain-

i.e. if I select the first line of Sales org XXXX, DC: 10. Ensure the custom entity uses XXXX, 10 as part of the key

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, not too sure about your data model -  if your leading entity is MVKESALES or MVKEGRP, this should be done automatically.

That said, in chapter 5.5.3.3. of the UI guideline MDGM http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30192, there is some additional information how to influence the SPI node structure.

Best regards, Ingo Bruß

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My leading entity is MVKESALES but the node is still off on its own under the MARA node.

I've been reading some documentation and in order to get the desired system behaviour for interdependent UIBBs it states that i can either:

• Assign the same entity type for both UIBBs
  • Implement a derivation

I can't do the first because of the way the node structure is manifesting itself.

Is the suggestion to implement a derivation done in the USMD_RULE_SERVICE BADI? and if so how do I derive a distribution channel from the line selected on MVKESALEs.

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just for sake of completion...

• I ended up using a custom search help to:
    1. pull in the distribution channel within the search help exit code for the custom entity code when a sales org was selected in it.
    2. Only display sales organisations which were already present in MVKESALES

• I used derivation BADIs to default entries based on sales org.

• And I used the check entity to make sure no custom entity entries were allowed for sales orgs not in MVKESALES

A very round-a-bout solution to my problem but I never did find out out how to situate my custom entity under MVKESALES

Answers (0)