cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap ehs compositions

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

there are different compositions maintained in real_sub . I was not clear about the functionality of using exact compostions based on starting material can anyone distinguish with some datas how are all these compositions corelate and what is the flow of maintining compositions in serquence wise and who does all these data maintenance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Let me give you a very general proposal which should satisfy most of the requirements unless business has very specific requirement of using other composition properties.

1. Do BOM-BOS transfer to populate exact composition based on products; else load it through data templates
  2. Run ZEXP_COMP on finished product REAL_SUB level to populate 'Standard Composition'
  3. Run other applicable rules at derived pure substances level (from standard composition)

Above assumes that you have Production BOM, & Expert rules set.

Regards,

Pavan

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

How Do I see the rule file as I am not able to open it and see how the logic has been written .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

To understand the rule logics, please refer to the pdf guides provided by SAP as part of the content package. You can find those files under the relevant rule set groups in 'ExpertRules' folder.

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

as you have read document:

I don't catch your "problem".

Regarding:

Functionality of using exact compostions based on starting material => there is no "functionality". It is "just" one of the many value assigmnet types; there is only a "process" in place. E.g. let us assume you would like to get coffee with milk and sugar. So in this "stupid" example you would simply enter in this property one spec Id referring to"Coffee" (which will as well have a material assigned), milk, and sugar. IN this case this would be "pure" mixing. But chemistry is not always like that. E.g. if you produce polyethylene your  starting materal is e.g. "ethylene" and some other chemistry. Then you would simply enter the corresponding spec ids

Generall: any of the properties/value assignment of type composition does have some "best practise"  purpose. It is not possible to explain the many reasonsn why the Standard property tree contains these properties.

Coming to data maintenance:

this depends on SAP set up. E.g. if you use BOMBOS you would not maintain manually the " exact compostions based on starting material". Many properties of type "composition" are maintained "indirect" because many companies use e.g. rulesets to populatethe properties based on data in some different property

Conclusion: any SAP EHS project need a kind of"blue print" phase to define which process should be supported etc. IN many cases companies looking for to install EHS are asking for help by some consutling companies (or they ask SAP). And these companies explain then the "best practise" based on what SAP defines and based on their experience with the many clients they supported in establishing EHS processes

C.B.