cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM for newbies

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

this is my first post in SSM Community. I hope everybody is doing well. I am working at a POC for a customer, trying to implement a small part of their BSC in SSM 10.1. I am using the cube builder to construct the cube and "entre and approval" for input data. I've had configure the BSC in the strategy manager, but using the E&A and then loading data to the model, I don't see them when I browse the BSC. What could I'll be doing wrong?

If you guys know where to find documents for dummies, please tell me. I have followed the SAP documentation posted at help.sap.com/bosm100.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hector,

Can you check the wfmde trace file located in the ApplicationServer\home directory to see if there were any errors loading the data from E&A?

As well can you run the scheduled task Calculate All Scorecard Objects in SSM Administrator?

Regards,
Graham

0 Kudos

Thanks,

That was the misstep, now i see data in BSC. i Have another doubt about qualitative KPI, if i define a qualitative  KPI, in the data entry and approval i can type just numbers. I should be able to put other kind of information there. How qualitative KPI works on SSM?

Thanks Again community.

0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

A KPI can be marked as qualitative directly but the actual values and target values can only be numbers. I am not quite clear on your requirement but just wondering if you ever consider to use the Subjective Assessment feature.

Regards,

Alicia

0 Kudos

Hi Alicia thanks for the HINT. I made my research About Subjective Assessment, but .. how do they work? I've created a new KPI and change manually it's status, but the Scorecard didn't show any value.

look the images, the KPI is highlighted in red:

0 Kudos

Hi Silva,

The subjective assessment can only display on the Scorecard Overall view in a column different from the Status column. The column can be added through "Customized Columns" link.

Regards,

Alicia

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alicia, now i understand how it works this kind of KPI. Sorry if i get too inquisitive, but when the user adds new data and after the administrator triggers the "Data model load", SSM shows a message saying that the "scorecard objects calculation" process must be planned. is there a way to set this automatically?

0 Kudos

Hi Silva,

You expect the "Scorecard objects calculation" to be executed every time after the Entry and Approval "Load PAS model" is executed, right? The message is to remind you that some of the status indicators could not be updated immediately right after data loaded to the PAS model. Is it ok if you schedule the job "Scorecard objects calculation" to be executed regularly? For example, go to SSM Admin > Scheduler, add a daily job "scorecard objects calculation" to be executed at night time.

Regards,

Alicia

0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation Alicia. Would you remember an example when to schedule the Job?

0 Kudos

Hi Silva,

Here is a screen shot:

Entry and Approval "Load PAS Model" can be scheduled as well. After clicking on "Load PAS Model" on Entry and Approval Home page. A small dialog will be triggered for the end user to choose whether to run immediately or to schedule a time to run it.

Regards,

Alicia

0 Kudos

Thanks Alicia for all your answers and patience!

Answers (0)