cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap ehs out put variant

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I was trying to output variant functionality in specification workbench . It was showing me some defaulted property tree which was not matching to the specification type . how can I change property tree during the selection of output variant ? Any help would be appreciated .

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Further to above mentioned points, there are certain IMG / SPRO settings which also affect the selection of property tree.

We can assign a default property tree and leave default check box unchecked under "Specify specification types" IMG step, in this case default property tree will be proposed and user cant change to another property tree.

If we assign property tree under "Specify specification types" and check default check box, then we can  change to other property tree.

NOTE: Above mentioned configuration works only in case a property tree has been assigned to specification type, under specify specification types IMG step.

Thanks and Regards,

Mounesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

The output variant functionality chooses the last property tree using which you were in the specification workbench. I am quite not sure why SAP didn't provide a button to choose the property tree during the output variant. This is what I do to ensure to choose the right property tree.

Go to CG02 and open one substance of the specification type you require and choose the property tree you require.

Once you do this output variant will consider this as the default property tree.

Then click on back and pull the report using the output variant for all substances in that specification type and the property tree will be the one you choose before.

Thanks

Kalyan

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

which out put variant are you looking at? SAP standard one? own developped one?

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

as discussed in many parallel treads: any specification type can have 1 or more assigne property tree. For some of the delivered output variant you need to "switch" between property tree 1 or 2 or whatsoever.  This is quite standard in EHS and quite easy to do.

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure what was your query, but if you need to change the property tree, just right click on the property tree and select other property tree and choose, which one you need.

Hope this will solve your query.

--