Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explorer: Maximum Character Output Size on Indexing

johannes_nissen
Explorer
0 Kudos

A follow up on this post:

Hi everybody,

I was just struggeling with an error with the Explorer Indexing server which gave me "Maximum character output size limit reached. Contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30272)"

As per thread above I was able to fix the problem by increasing the "Binary Stream Maximum Size (MB)" of the WebiProcessingServer.

In the past my understanding of this parameter was that this is limiting the output file size of character files (i.e. csv or txt) for the user. Now I'm learning that this is applying to internal processes as well.

We have kept this parameter quite low, as we don't want users to be able to export a big amount of data to their local PCs for data security reasons.

Is there any way to limit the output file size for users at another place instead?

Thanks for any good hint.

Best Regards - Johannes

Error Messages:

at com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.search.business.ExplorationIndexesBuilder.loadExplorationSpaceRecords(ExplorationIndexesBuilder.java:280)

|59B3B574D53E4B9382E54548622A3D6C3|2015 08 25 09:26:49.752|+0200| |Error|  | | |explorerIndexing_dwhbip.ExplorerIndexingServer_6487|11952| 305|ExecutorWorkerThread| ||||||||||||||||||||com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.search.business.ExplorationIndexesBuilder||Unable to load the exploration space data.

com.businessobjects.datadiscovery.dataproviderapi.DataSourceProviderException: The execution of the specified analysis query failed.

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: Maximum character output size limit reached. Contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30272)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Unfortunately there is no other setting as for unv universe we still leverage webi processing server for explorer information spaces indexing.

Regards,

Pranay S

johannes_nissen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

thanks for your answer.

This design doesn't make me happy, but that's nothing you or I could do about this.

I think it's questionable whether one parameter is being used for internal processing on the one side and user-restriction for outputfile size on the other.

Regards - Johannes

Answers (0)