cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two keyfigures - only one has to be input-ready (depending on characteristic)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm facing a scenario which works according the following pattern.

Our users will do their planning activities based on material groups. Depending on the specific material groups they plan either quantity or amount but never both keyfigures. In order to guarantee the correct execution of this process only the correct field should be input-ready.

My first apporach was to redefine the CHECK method of  CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE in an inheriting class. This class can be used for characteristic relationships for the planning cube.  But like that, I just found a way to disable input-readyness for the complete line (all key figures) instead of specific key figures.

Can you give me an advice how this requirement can be fullfilled?

Thanks and regards.

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

Maybe you can try the following:
Build a characteristic relationship, which involves Material Group, Unit, Currency, to make sure the combination are unique. Then drilldown the three characteristics and make sure they use "Characteristic relationship" setting under "Access type for result values".

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

your idea is brilliant. I'm still not able to deactivate specific cells but it brought me to a reasonable compromise.

By implementing CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE~CREATE I'm able to generate only allowed combinations, i.e.

If the user tries to enter the amount keyfigure for Material Group A he will receive an error message like that:

To prevent him from adding invalid combinations in new rows I implemented CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE~CHECK.

Like that I can force only valid input. Instead of using the CHECK-method I see room for improvement by following your advice to configure "Access type for result values" with "chracteristic relationship". This will lead to an immediate input check. I'll enhance my compromise like that as soon as possible.

Thanks an regards

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

For this requirement,

In the query designer you can restrict the key figure Quantity to Material Group 'A' and 'C' and Amount to Material Group 'B' .

To Restrict a key figure (Say Quantity) in BEx Query Designer :

-> Right click on key figure

-> Choose edit

->  Drag and drop Material Group to the Details of selection

-> Right click on Material Group and Restict the required material groups for Quantity.

Repeat the same for Amount.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

thanks for the interesting approach. Unfortunately characteristics can't be in row and colum definitions at the same time.

But your proposal led me to the idea that one could build a fix keyfigure structure when the number of characteristics is known in advance. In my current case I can't work like that since the structure of material groups is dynamic.

Regards

Tim