cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run bw process chain with dialog parameter

a_khanevich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community! I have the following requirement:     run BW process chain for data loading which uses dialog parameter based on the value in BW Characteristic for the filename generation in infopackages. How can I do this? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

a_khanevich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is some more info:

1. Information comes to BW from many csv-files by packages.

2. One package consists of 50+ files from one company (BW Characteristic).

3. Each file name looks like <CompanyID1>_<FileID>.csv

I want to manually choose CompanyID1 from BW Characteristic and then load all files from one company by running bw process chain.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to use a TVARVC variable in combination with a small ABAP program. On the selection screen of the program you can select the ConpanyID1 you want to process. The program will update the TVARVC variable. This program you should run prior to execution of the Process Chain.

In the InfoPackage you can select a file from the application server. Here you can specify a routine to determine the file path/name. Here you could prepare the appropriate file path/name by evaluating the value of the TVARVC variable.

It could be a powerful combination with Logical File Names (t/code FILE). You can use Function Module FILE_GET_NAME_USING_PATH for this purpose. Please refer to the documentation of the Function Module for an example.

Best regards,

Sander

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sander said please explain clearly your requirement..What's that value in BW characteristic? You mean an event or something that must be satisfied?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try with ABAP program . Read the file and run the process chain through function module.

Function module to run the process chain:

CALL FUNCTION 'RSPC_CHAIN_START_SYNCHRONOUS'

EXPORTING

i_chain = p_chain

IMPORTING

e_logid = e_logid

EXCEPTIONS

failed  = 1.

Hopefully  it will works for you.

Saleem.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give us more details to understand better your requirement. An example and some screenshots would also help.

Best regards,

Sander