Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With out Table comparison how we can insert and update in SAP BODS

kumarminfo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please explain the below question

How we can Insert/Update with out using table comparison?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to find the decisional factor which will do your inserts. Then, in a separate dataflow, exclude the inserts with a left outer join and use MAP OPERATION transform to update.

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Map Operation Transform to perform any DDL Statements.

Regards,

Akhilesh Kiran,

kumarminfo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Akhlish,

How we can implement this can you please briefly explain . That would be great help full for me.

Thanks,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Can we not do this?

Join Master table and Compare table using a Query transformation and apply outerjoin on Master table. Identify the inserts (if columns in compare table is null then it is present only in Master table which means inserts). Redirect all the inserts to target table

For updates, compare columns in where condition,  use Map operation (normal as updates) to target table.

We had a similar requirement, we used above approach to tag records as I, U or D. Based on the values we further processed these records in next dataflows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way would be to use (Auto-Correct load and use Input primary Key ) options of target table.

kumarminfo
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have 2 Tables, how we are going to Update and Insert

In your case, single table it will work

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean, in one table you'll do update and in other Insert.

Regards,

Sandeep

kumarminfo
Explorer
0 Kudos

No Sandeep ,

i have two tables, For EXP : one for master table  and another for compare table based on these table how we are going to Insert/Update with out using Table comparison.

Thanks,

Pavan