Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple quotation types as follow up to opportunity

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Business activities,tasks,quotation can be follow-up transactions for an opportunity.

I want to create a follow up quotation for opportunity.

I click on follow up in opportunity transaction I find business activities,tasks,quotation etc.

I want to select quotation out of these options

when I click on quotation another pop up should come with list of quotation types.Is this possible in standard.

Currently only one transaction type for which I maintained copy control is appearing.

Regards

Jaya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J,

In addition to Christophe's reply, I would like to provide my input as well.

1, In standard system, when you click on "create follow up", all the transaction types are displayed in the popup together. There is no such function of "when I click on quotation another popup should come with list of quotation types". See below, you may use filter on category and select quotation to filter the result and displays quotation transaction type only.

2, about your question "only one transaction type is appearing".

First of all, you need to check if you have maintain copy control for transaction type from your oppt to the missing quotation types, as what Christophe has suggested.

secondly, you need to check the item category determination as well. All the item categories assigned to the quotation transaction type shall be quotation item category (initially a quotation item is checked in item category definition). Only in this case, this quotation transaction type will be considered as a quotation.

In sum, 1,

the standard does not support "click on create follow up -> displays transaction type categories -> click on the category you want -> display all the transaction types of this category". the standard displays all the transaction types in a single list.

2, about missing quotation transaction type, check copy control.

Spencer

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Spence,

Thanks for your reply.

I will use the filter on category which you suggested in point1.

Item category settings are already in place.

Since standard does not support my requirement,will do the copy control settings for rest of transactions.

Regards

J

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know it helps. Please mark correct answer at you convinient time.

Spencer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

It seems that only the one you have a copy control appears, you need to create the ones you require too.

Best regards

Christophe

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the response.

Apart from copy control and item category settings I want to check if there is any other setting that I can do to work a solution for this.

Regards

Jaya.