cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check planning function running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I create a bex workbook to run a copy function, after run , message showes ' copy executed without error', after saving data, I can't find data in relevant infoprovider. so how can I check the running of this planning function? from log or somewhere else?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mahip_mehta
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi BO,

Try to debug the Planning Function.

For that you need to first create a Planning Sequence and also save a variant for that sequence.

Next,

Execute the Planning Sequence with Program RSPLS_PLSEQ_EXECUTE.

Tick on the Save Data check box.

Then check in your Info provider.

One Suggestion (if you can Try): Assign the same copy function in new workbook and then see the result.

I had faced the same issue, I assigned the same copy function to new workbook and it worked.
Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mahip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you execute the function what messages you see, besides "copy executed without error"  ?

Something like "X read, Y generated, Z changed" ...

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran this planning function in bex analyzer, and got message by clicking bottom-left point, in message window, only show "copy executed without error", no other words, I am wondering if I don't have enough authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but I tried running this function succesfully once, afterwards, never get lucky, so seems no authorziation issue for this

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear BO,

You need to add parameter RS_DEBUGLEVEL for relevant userid

See the KBA:

1815440 - Planning function relevant information messages are suppressed in BW 7.3x and not suppressed in BW 7.0x

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bo,

check the setting in your user ID for Parameter RS_DEBUGLEVEL

if you do not have this parameter yet, insert it into the list and set it to 5.

it has impact on the type of messages you will see.

regards

Cornelia