Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect confirmations in CN30

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Could you please suggest how to post process confirmations through CN30 & what could be the reason for confirmations not transferred to PS.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I have already check this,Final confirmation is not checked there in confirmation parameters setting..

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

i am not sure, but there might be possibility if you process in CN30 system will activate final confirmation in background.

try to process output of CN30 using COFC or other TCODE and check if there is difference.

thanks

Sunil

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have checked this & found there was some missing authorization issue and in some case network was set with deletion flag. Still what answer i want is the reason why confirmation through CN30 made final confirmation tick on activity, Can we avoided this? In such cases when confirmations come to CN30, what is the standard process to proceed ??? I am proceeding with saving entries in CN30 itself and it is processing and posting in network but with final confirmation tick in network.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Not sure whether my reply helps.

In SPRO - Project System - Confirmation - Define Confirmation Parameters

Here you need to check for the Network type whether the final confirmation is checked.

If it is checked, the final confirmation will be automatically checked when the actual work hours is more than the planned hours.

Regards

Terence

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Client is using CATA t-code, Once incorrect confirmations come in CN30 due to some reason. They use cn30 t-code itself to post process the same, Through CN30, we can process confirmations. Now what is happending there is system adding final confirmation tick one they confirm the network hours from CN30.

Using CAT5 instead of CATA working fine, It don't post anything in CN30 but this t-code does't have company code in selection which they require.

What could be the reasons posting coming to CN30 when transferring through CATA? Actual cost or budget exceed is not a reason here.

Also suggest if we don't process CN30 confirmations to avoid final confirmation tick, what is the other process for pending confirmations.??

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

check status of network/activity for which you process using CATA. there is possibility of having status CLSD or TECO.

thanks

Sunil

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Could you please suggest basic difference in transferring cost from CATA & CAT5,  While transferring cost from CATA, we are getting pools of incorrect confirmations in CN30, After transferring posting to PS through there, System adding final entry tick in background. How that final confirmation can be avoided there and one more thing processing through CAT5, System working fine, but client don't have company code selection there so using CATA, This is the reason m asking basic difference for processing through CAT5 & CATA.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

i was going through this thread so i found that while confirmation user has activated tick for final confirmation right.

CATA and CN30 are basically used for identifying the reason for display the pool of incorrect confirmations. please check for difference:

CN30 will display the pool of incorrect confirmations that occured during transfer and which could not be posted. From here, you can select the details of the record and click on check confirmations button to view the error.

Whereas, COFC will contain the error records created because of an issue in actual cost calculations & postings and the same transaction will allow you to post process the actual cost after you fixed the errors.

CATA is used for transfer data from all objects whether related to PS or PM or any other whereas CAT5 is related to only transfer to PS only.

please confirm which process or TCODE is used for confirmation by business.

thanks

Sunil

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You probably mean to CO(PS).  For example, when period is already closed your financial document will fail, you can find such documents in COFC error pool.

There is a program to change confirmation posting date and next it can be reprocessed.  But before you should check the COFC and eliminate the conditions that led to the error in CO document.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks

I have done the same through CN30, but what i noticed in the system, confirmation made with final confirmation tick for that Activity, which is causing warning every-time during next confirmation of same activity. Could you please suggest how it can be avoided.?

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can just check the message class and number and next from the Where-used button can see if the message type is hard-coded or not in ABAP.  if not hard-coded it might be able to change through customizing.

Regards,

Paulo