cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Replication Server - MSSQL to HANA - missing rs_msss_to_hanadb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to implement Sybase Replication Server so as to replicate data from MS SQL Server to SAP Hana but when I create the SAP HANA connection I get the following error:

Server 'SAMPLE_RS':

Connection profile is not defined. Profile: <rs_msss_to_hanadb>; Version <ech>;

Then when I listed all the defined connection profilies, I realised that there aren't any profile related to hana.

I also realised that I don't have the connector folder in C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\, so I created the folder connector\lib and then I put the hana odbc dll there but it didn't work..

I've installed the following software:

51049374_2 - SAP ASE 15.7.0.132 RDBMS Windows Server on x64 64bit

51043977 - DVD - Replication Server 15.7.1 Windows x64 64-bit

51046311 - Replication Agent 15.7.1 SP100 Windows x86 32-bit

51044903 - DirectConnect Client 15.7

51044894 - ECDA Windows X86Windows X64

51043850 - Sybase Control Center Rep 3.2.6

IMDB_CLIENT100_85_5-10009664.SAR - SAP HANA CLIENT 1.0

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Damian

Have you tried using the quick start guide for replication Microsoft SQL Server to SAP HANA database setup?  This document contains all the prerequisites needed maybe there is something that you missed.  I see in your software listing you show Replication server 15.7 but I was wondering what version it is?   In RS you can run the command admin version and you can get a more detailed version string for RS.

Here is the link for the quick start guide for replication to HANA:

Quick Start Guide for SAP HANA® Database

If you are using this guide and are still having issues maybe you can show me what step it is failing on and we can research what might be missing from there?

Regards

Terry Penna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry, thanks for your answer!

The problem was the Replication Server version. Despite the fact I've downloaded  the software from the marketplace in the way I've posted before, it wasn't the lastest version. So had to go to the link "Support Packages and Patches" to download it.

I've downloaded the file REPSERVER1570200_0-20011159 - Rep. Serv. 15.7.1 SP200 and now I can see the HANA connection profiles.

Thanks again.

Regards

Damian Putero

Answers (0)