cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1314 in execution of system call 'RegLoadKey' during system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day SCN member,

I am performing system copy which is domain base installation and I don't have Domain Admins right. The following user has been created in the Domain :

1)<sid>adm

2)SAPService<sid>

3)syb<sid?

and assigned to the following group in the domain:

1)SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin

and assigned to local Administrator group.

The following GPO has been assigned to the above user:

1)SeTcbPrivilege (Act as part of the operating system)

2)SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege (Adjust memory quotas for a process)

3)SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege (Replace a process level token)

4)SeServiceLogonRight (Log on as a Service)

I have seperate installer id to perform the installation which has the above right as well and started the installation by right click on the sapinst.exe and Run as Administrator. My system copy received error :

An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Release 1 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > SAP ASE > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Central System( Last error reported by the step: System call failed. Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client. ) in execution of system call 'RegLoadKey' with parameter (HKEY_USERS, S-1-5-21-2134789232-4120300459-2742028944-5519, C:\Users\smpadm\ntuser.dat).

Let me know what is additional access that i should request in the Domain. For sure request for Domain Admins right is a something not possible.

Thanks and Best Regards

Tarmizee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

1.  SAP SIDADM & SAPServiceSID as part of local admin group?

2. Installation media are copied in the local disk ? or using CD /DVD ? if possible copy to local.

3. Check this SAP Note which old one

731977 - Message 1314

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Thanks for your reply. Below is my answer :

1.  SAP SIDADM & SAPServiceSID as part of local admin group?

Yes, both ids are part of local admin group

2. Installation media are copied in the local disk ? or using CD /DVD ? if possible copy to local.

I copied to local disk the medias

3. Check this SAP Note which old one

731977 - Message 1314

I have checked the note and has assigned the mentioned role but it still did not fix the error.

THanks and Best Regards

Tarmizee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Copy the database backup or DB export of source system which ever method you are performing for system copy in local system,

Login with administrator user or a user with administrator rights.

Forget about Domain ids. Those domain ids would be critical if you have common transport directory and source system export is in different location.

Regards

Anand

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ahmed,

If you have implemented all instructions than Please consult with your IT infrastructure manager.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad

1. Could you share the full log?

2. On your Windows Sever have you disable the firewall & UAC?

Regards

SS

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ahmed,

Please go through these note and apply the instruction. It might be resolve this Error 1314.

79767 - Inst. terminates in password assignment for sapr3

162266 - Questions and tips for R3SETUP on Windows NT / W2K

919073 - DB6: Admin Tools 4.6D Patch 32 / 6.40 Patch 21

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamel,

Thanks for your reply. I have review the notes. All required authorization has been assigned.

Thanks and Best Regards

Tarmizee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

Please assign SeBackupPrivilege and SeRestorePrivilege to the local administrator group.

and try installation again.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have assigned with SeBackupPrivilege. Somehow i noticed i have problem to assign with SeRestorePrivilege. I will investigate further.

Thanks and Best Regards

Tarmizee