Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication server heterogeneous option license generation

former_member280303
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am going to generate the license for this product. The replication server is installed on AIX and I want to include to my actual replication a MS SQL server database. The primary database is an ASE on AIX.

In order to generate the license...

When the portal asks for the host ID, I guess that I need to fill with the replication server information, is this correct? .

I am expecting an new line that I need to include in the license file that my replication server is actualy reading.

What about the DirectConnect? I installed it in the windows server, but I do not know if the portal is going to generate a license file for this server.

Thanks for your answer (or an example)

Luz Rodriguez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are generating the Replication Server license you need to give the host id of the host server that will be running the Replication Server software.  If I am understanding your question correctly?

former_member280303
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

You undestand correcly. In this machine actualy is running replication server. Do I need to replace the actual license with the new one?

Regards,

Luz Rodriguez

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luz

Once you check out the new RS options license for this host you can just add it to your current RS license and your new RS options features will be available.

Regards

Terry Penna

former_member280303
Participant
0 Kudos

Great!.

What about the DirectConnect License?. Do I need a license for the DirectConnect Manager?

Thanks

Luz Rodriguez

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using the RS options it should have the license for direct connect to MSSQL.  I believe that is where you said you are replicating to?

former_member280303
Participant
0 Kudos

Terry,

When I display the products available I only get the Replication Server Heterogeneous option for MSSQL Server not the DirectConnect.

So, My problem is that I do not have this product available. I assumed that all the necessary licenses were generated under this product.

Regards

Luz Rodriguez

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Luz,

Looking at the software downloads and licenses I see there are two different products, one product is the Replication Server Options and the other is the Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition.  If you have a license for the Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition that would be the license for the direct connect.

The license should look similar to this:

Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition

The Replication Server Options is for the Replication Agents for the different primary databases.

I am sorry for the confusion on this.

Regards

Terry Penna

former_member280303
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terry,

This is the answer that I was looking for.

Regards,

Luz Rodriguez

Answers (0)