cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard-Query browser optional prompt-Warning message

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Issue - I'm using a few universe connections (via query browser) in this dashboard. All the prompts in the query browser are optional (Enabled).

Published and launched the dashboard in SAP environment.

Warning message - Please input a value for the mandatory prompt

Clicked OK. No data was retrieved by the queries.

(Note : No issues encountered when I preview the dashboard in the desktop (locally). Dashboard runs fine.)

Thanks,

Vj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay, what is the underlying database?

Check if there are any prompts defined at database level. Also check the query if it has any universe filter applied.

I see that the default value is being passed to the query, this prompt you need to check carefully.

1. Check the cell to which you have mapped this prompt.

2. Check what is current value when you run the dashboard.

3. Check if the format of the date is accepted.

Regards,

Tejas Tamhane

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tejas,

to answer your questions (blue colored)

what is the underlying database?

Data flow .. BW (Multiproviders) -> Universe -> Dashboard (via query browser). No BEx involved

Check if there are any prompts defined at database level. Also check the query if it has any universe filter applied.

I found a prompt named "Key inherited". But this is not used in the query browser. Screenshot attached. But a few WEBI reports (created from the same Universes) are running fine in the same platform.

I see that the default value is being passed to the query,

At first default values were not passed. Then default was passed. Issue persisted in both cases.

Check the cell to which you have mapped this prompt.

No provision in query browser to bind Default value with any cell. Hence it was manually entered and passed. Issue still persists.

Check what is current value when you run the dashboard.

Current value is Current date (coming from native calendar component of dashboard).

Check if the format of the date is accepted.

Yes in the preview mode (locally). In the SAP portal it throws this warning msg and I click Ok. No Data in the dashboard (meaning the data was never retrieved from the Universe) at all.

Thanks,

Vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Filters section of Query Browser and check if you see any dimensions listed there.

As you are using query browser and you are being asked for prompt values, try using Query Prompt Selector. One of the new components that passes value/s to the prompt.

Check if this component detects the prompt.

Regards,

Tejas Tamhane

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz share a screen shot of the query browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially I checked the "Prompt with List of Values". Got the warning message. Then I unchecked it. Same message.

Thanks,

Vj