Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Inventory count on RF

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created an inventory record with LI01N. The storage bin considered in that has SU management active.

I have counted all the items which were there as per the system and in the end, trying to add a new item with F7-NwIt.

I entered all the details except the SU number. I specified the SUT and expect that system should be assigning a new SU for this item. I expect the similar behavior as that in LI11N (there is a button for Assign SU #) for adding a new item. I am getting error - "For entering inventory data in stor.type 300, the SU number is required"

Can you please suggest on what can be done here. thanks.

Regards,

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is a missing functionality, there is a SAP note with an improvement: 788216 - If new item during count, SUT not taken from material master

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, but, this Note is for taking a default SUT from the material master.

My query is that after I enter the SUT, system should assign a new SU for the newly found item.

When we do counting with LI11N, we have option to enter "new item" and there is a button at the top left for "Assign SU" which creates a new SU. Unfortunately this is not working on the RF.

-Sushant

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant I have faced the same issue but I was already developing a copy of LM50/LM51 since we wanted that screen for new SU to be simple (only enter material and quantity and the system gets everything else automatically, so we fixed that problem as well, there's a function module for getting the next or current number range number (like SU number), and you just call it and increment it in your PAI module. Simple, very simple for an ABAP-er.

You only have to modify that specific screen (copy it to screen 9xxx) and call the modified version instead of the default one, and modify PAI modules to do whatever you want.
This might not make sense to you, but should to your ABAP-er.

Regards,
Mihailo

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihailo, I think thats what we need to do as well.

Answers (0)