Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD as a Career

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum as I have found some very interesting articles while going through this profile. I came across this forum when I started to do some research about SAP and the career prospects after doing SAP.

I know that this forum has a lot of intelligent and educated and well connected people and I had a few questions regarding a decision that I need to take about my future and I hope that the forum members will help me out.

I am a BE IT graduate of 2010 batch and since then I have been working in the same company. I joined this company as a Sales Analyst for UK market(Mainly BPO) and since 2010 I have grown into a managerial position and have a good understanding of Sales as a domain. Currently I am an Associate Manager Sales and Customer Service with this company but I am looking to forward my career and work on core IT skills and work in an IT company. So in short I have 5+ years of domain experience in Sales and Marketing.

I m planning to forward my career as a SAP SD consultant. Do you think this is a good idea. I am technically savvy and I want to move back into the IT market as I want to move abroad in the next couple of years(Mainly Dubai, Australia or US) so I know just working in a BPO and growing will not help me get a better job abroad. Hence I want to do SAP SD, work on one or two implementation projects in India and then move abroad as I have a few friends and relatives settled and working in US and Dubai.

I have just left my job in the month of June and I am moving to Pune so I would be really grateful if you all could provide me with some guidelines as to what I can do and how.

Thnanks and Regards

Sourav.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sourav,

With 5 years of sales domain experience, you might be able to understand SAP SD well. Focus on SD business processes. Employers (and interviewers) are interested in knowing if you understand SD from business pov (example what is the business significance of SAP sales office? etc.). How SD fits the business and provides value to business/customers?

SD is a core module and companies will always require SD analysts. But breaking into SD is difficult.

Below documents related to SD processes, that will help in your learning

TW