cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specific fields in pro forma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone,

I am having a problem showing customer specific fields in the pro-forma invoice formular.

We created customer specific fields and we added this fields to the customer invoice formular.

The fields are available when we create a invoice form out of the customer invoices.

The fields are defined in the sales order and are enhanced to the outbound delivery and customer invoices also by process extension scenarios.

When we create a pro forma invoice out of the outbound delivieries, these fields are not available.

It looks like the pro forma invoice is also generated from the form template for customer invoices, isn't it?

Or do I have to enable the customer specific fields for an additional formular?

I thought, that maybe the customer specific fields cannot be filled, because they are located in the customer invoice BO. So when I generate my pro-forma invoice the actual customer invoice does not yet exist and the customer specific fields, that will be generated too.

Are there some experiences about this topic?

Kind regards,

Christine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to inform you that,the pro forma invoice is used as preliminary invoice and is available for sales quotes, sales orders, and outbound deliveries. The pro forma invoice printout is based on the outbound delivery and combines data for the delivered goods and their prices. You can use the pro forma invoice, for example, for exports processes. The pro forma invoice based on the sales order or sales quote provides the expected invoice values before the delivery of goods and services is fulfilled.

For your query you should create your extension field on (Sales Order or Sales Quote). And you can extend this field on outbound delivery and invoice also.

After this you should extend your extension field on pro forma invoice form template and customize it through Adobe liveCycle Designer or Easy form editor.

Hope it will work.

Thanks,

Manoj Kannaujiya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

thanks for your answer.

I cannot find a form template for pro forma invoices.

Is this a template on its own, or are pro forma invoices generated out of the form teplate for customer invoices??

It would be geat, if you can help me with that.

Kindr regards,

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christine,

To create pro forma invoices in the system, you can either use the existing customer invoice form with all the enhancements made for your company’s need or you can create an additional pro forma invoice form that is different from the existing customer invoice form.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leo, thanks for your answer. We created a new form template for the pro forma invoice, but the customer specific fields are not shown, and we don't know how to add these fields to the pro forma invoice form. When I want to add customer specific field to forms I can cannot select the pro forma invoice. Kind regards, Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj, we created an incident, because we were not able to add customer specific fields to the pro forma invoice form. The answer from SAP was that currently it is not possible to add customer specific fields to this form. I hope they will take care of that in future releases. We are thinking about using another form like the outbound delivery form to create a PDF-File that looks similar to the Proforma Invoice our customer would need. Kind regards, Christine

0 Kudos

Hello Christine,

It's been 3 and half years since you got the answer from SAP through incident, but I was able to add and show extension field maintained on outbound delivery to Pro Forma Invoice PDF.

This KBA might help. https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/0002723551

Best regards,

Yamato Tomaru