cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of customised WM 6.1 Java to WM 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have customised the SAP WM6.1 application to cater specific needs of the business.

The create method in BAPI was overridden in on of the inherited BAPI(POST/ADD) classes to implement some custom behaviour.

With the upgrade from WorkManager 6 to WorkManager6.2, i understand SAP has implemented changes in java layer to invoke JCO3 libraries instead of the code implemented for JCO2.

Since we are overriding the create method and the JCO.Repository, getFunctionTemplate etc used in create method for actual BAPI call are not available in JCO3 api list. Hence tried to implement same using

JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(_backend);

JCoRepository repository = destination.getRepository();

repository.getFunctionTemplate(_name.toUpperCase());

here for the getDestination() method requires the destination name as input parameter. I have used the _backend String variable from BAPI base class.

Has anyone tried overriding the create method in WorkManager 6.2?

How the connection is managed in WorkManager6.2 ?

Please provide some pointers for the same.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vivek,

The SAP Agentry applications were all updated to use the newer JCo 3 libaries and APIs but the underlying connection should be basically the same using the new JCo 3 methods.  You will probably need to dig into the JCo 3 apis to understand what the new process / equivalent is to what you are doing today with JCo 2.  Unfortunately I am not a JCo expert but maybe there is another group/area on SCN that might know more.

--Bill