Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable hashing on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I found the release notes for SP3

Could anybody explain the 3rd point? Where should I enable hashing on the server?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

when the desktop client recognizes a conflict (e.g. locally created and remotely created), it checks if the local and remote content is actually the same and if not a conflicted copy is created. Therefore, if an md5 hash for this file is available in the repository the desktop client compares it against the local md5 hash (without the need to download the file if the local and remote hash match). If no md5 hash is available in the repository the desktop client has to download the file in order to compare it.

With server actually the repository is meant. It depends on the repository if content stream hash calculation is supported.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter.

Thanks for explanation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update?

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are checking with SAP KM team for : From which version hash feature is available.

Which version do you use ?

If there is existing data moved to new version (that supports Hash), hash is not calculated for all files on server. Hash is genereted for new files or when existing files (not having hash info) are changed.

Also, in supports versions hashing is enabled by default.

Regards, Ashwani Kr Sharma

Message was edited by: Ashwani Kumar Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SR2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also my reps has enabled "versioning" feature.

Actually - you said that I should enable "hashing" on the server and I told that I have SAP KM ECM system.

But I cannot find any information how to enable "calculating hash" for sap km. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any updates?

0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

so according to the colleagues from the KM team. Hashing is enabled by default. But the calculation of the Hash is done only during creation or update of a document. This means for new documents the hash should be available, for already existing documents it would need an update to get the hash.

Best regards

Alex

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since versioning is available for your KM version, hashing should also be available.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hashing has to be enabled on the ECM repository e.g. SAP KM, Alfresco etc.

Which ECM repository do you use ?

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP KM. Could you provide a link for setting it up there?