Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway strategy user exit for multiple items

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am creating a manual putaway strategy where while entering bin, we need to put some validation.

Suppose I use LT06 and enter lines one by one, and while entering each line, two validation should be there as mentioned below:

1. whether the bin which I have entered have multiple materials

2. whether the bin which entered have enough capacity

For the first validation, lets say user entered material x and bin A01, user exit (EXIT_SAPLL03A_002) triggered and checks bin, lets say it is empty now. So 1st item (iLTAP-1st line item) passes that validation and user enters the second line,

now for second line, user entered material y and same bin A01, user exit triggered, bin is empty, but now need to check first line item which entered in run time and it should give error, because material is different.

But with exit EXIT_SAPLL03A_002, it is not possible. It imports only one line item from LTAP.

Please suggest is there any other user exit which can be used?

Or EXIT_SAPLL03A_002 can be used where I miss something?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

W don't have a user exit secifically there for validation of such sort, but there could be a few workarounds on this.

In my opinion you have 2 paths here depending on which kind of system response you want, hard stop on error and exit program (possible through user exit) or soft stop and option for user to retry the bin entering procedure. OK here are the options IMHO.

1) Develop an explicit enhancement at the point in code where you need it, this is the most flexible solution and you can develop it so that you can do anything you wish, soft stop, hard stop, retry same items etc. It should be executed (enhancement) immediately after entering detals of the destinations bin. So many options here so no need to say anything else than full flexibility.

2) Use user exit at end of transfer order creation - update own data.
You don't update your own data here you just do the validation and if items don't match the requirements you just kill the program and exit with an error message. Much less flexible but much more "standard" - no need for explicit enhancement point.

Should you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Mihailo

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihailo for your reply.

For option2, can you please let me know the user exit name?

Regards

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That user exit is: MWMTO001 Update own data after TO creation

Regards.