cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line 16: 103792 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/bin/backupserver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install ASE-12.5.1 in RHEL 7 server. I am managed to start dataserver. But I couldn't start backupserver, its throwing "line 16: 103792 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/bin/backupserver"

Any solutions for fix this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Akvin

I suggest to do a ldd on the backup server to see if you have all the required libraries and check the SCN ASE certification page

ASE Certifications on Linux (RedHat) - SAP ASE - SCN Wiki

HTH,

Gek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please let me know, how to get only backupserver for RHEL 7?

Where can I download the backupserver to test with RHEL 7?

jayrijnbergen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You'll need more then just backupserver binary, e.g. sybmultbuf

Probably easiest way is to do basic software install of higher version next to the existing install (not in same directory), create a backup server with the new version and merge the interface files of both versions, then you can add this new backupserver as SYB_BACKUP on the 12.5 server

Maybe best to try backupserver from ASE 15.0 if you can still find that version.

(any combination with 12.5 will be unsupported, but this should work)

marcin_najs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can also review this case:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1949011

Try setting LD_POINTER_GUARD env. variable to 0

If above will not help: Issue was fixed in ASE 15.0...so you will have to consider using backupserver from version 15.0

Best Regards

--

Marcin

jayrijnbergen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to clarify the comment from Marcin, the backup server doesn't have to be the same version as the ASE server. So it's possible to run combination of ASE 12.5.x and backupserver 15.7

Note that ASE 12.5 was only certified on RHEL 5.5, so even with ASE you might run into some issues on RHEL 7

If you really need to run ASE 12.5.1, maybe an idea to use RHEL 5.5 instead of RHEL 7?