Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert new sections into new page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal report version- 10.5

Visual studio -2008 Professional

I have a requirement to export two reports(with two viewers in a page) into one single pdf using a single button click.

These reports have format like

Report 1:

Report Header

Page Header

Details section with dynamic table from datatable

Report Footer

Report 2:

Report Header

Page Header

Details section with dynamic table from datatable

Report Footer

For this, I have done various experiments:

1. Hided the default toolbar of each viewer and then added a single button called Export to Pdf. Since these two reports are generated in separate viewers, i cant handle single export of two report using ExportToHttpResponse. Is there any option to do this.

2. Another option I have tried out is, moving Report 1- Report Header content to Report 1 Page Header, then inserting Page Header b in Report 1.

Moved Report 2 - Report Header to Report 1-Page Header b, thereby the Report 1 Format will be-

Report 1:

Report Header-Suppressed

Page Header a

Page Header b

Details section with dynamic table from datatable1

Details section with dynamic table from datatable2

Page Footer a

Page Footer b

In approach 2, the problem is, by inserting multiple sections, the page become too large and the report couldn't get generated.

Is there any way to put Page Header b in new page.

What is the best solution to generate single pdf with these two reports using a single button click

Thanks in advance

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way I know of to do this just using the SDK.  However, there are some third-party tools that will do this sort of thing.  A good place to start your search is Crystal Reports Viewers, Schedulers and Related Products.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell.

Answers (0)