cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger monthly chain off of daily chain in SAP Redwood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help with scheduling a monthly chain off of daily chain in SAP Redwood. Here is the scenario.

In SAP Redwood,I have one META chain (MCHAIN-01) and under that I have 2 chains (CH01, CH02). I am scheduling META chain to run daily.  Now, I have another chain CH03, which want to run only 1st of every month, but CH02 has to finish successfully for CH03 to start.

I would like to make CH03 part of META chain (MCHAIN-01), so META Chain will run daily but skip CH03 every day, except on 1st of the month when it will run after CH02 will finish, else keep skipping it for the rest of the month.

Please let me know if there is already a post on it, or how I can achieve that.

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Create your Meta chain with 3 Step CH01, CH02 and CH03. Create a Time Window TW_CH03 and open it for every 1st of the month. After the TW_CH03 to your Meta chain step CH03.

Make sure Time Window should only open on 1st of every month.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If CH03 fails for some reason, how can we re-open TimeWindow, or what would be solution at that circumstance?

Tahir

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

It's all depend on your requirement, as your setting the time window on Chain level so u can re-trigger the jobs. If the CH03 fail, you set to re run the jobs..I dont think you require to re open the time window making it complex.. just trigger an event to re run the same job chain CH03 (first try to process the CH03 with in chain, i think it will work or use the event to re trigger it)

Pl. let me know what r the possible solution are you looking for.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)