cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Rework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'm looking for a process in ByDesign that can handle production rework.  Does anyone have any documentation on handling production rework?

Here is a scenario for example:  I produced product A and goes to QC. However in QC, it is determined that product A has failed the inspection and has go back to production for some touch up/rework. How does ByDesign handle this process? What is the best way to approach this?

I appreciate your feedback in advance.

BJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patel,

This is unfortunately not supported in our current version of SAP business ByDesign.

Following is one of the possible option as harsh mentioned  but this is not completely foolproof.

Lets take an example of integrated quality check in your production model

Consider your  production model will consist of make task and check task

you need 10 quantity of product B + 10 product B to create 10 C.

1. Directly go to check task, Inspected Quantity = 10. Proposed Evaluation = Rejected then choose finish results recording

Removed confirmed scrap = 10 to 0 , then make Confirmed Quantity = 10 and scrap is 0

Save

This means you have rejected inspection but you also confirmed that of 10 quantity

now

2. Go to Make task

choose confirm , choose Confirmed Quantity = 10

go to activities, add any additional resource and service combo which you have used to do rework

save and close

Possible flaws here

1. Imagine you rejected your inspection based on any sampling procedure where 90% or more compliance is required. Which means only at-least 9 out of lot should be correct.

Imagine if 8 was good enough in you lot but you did rework on only 1 piece we can no way able to determine from system behavior on who many products did you perform re-work. .

2. Difficult with partial confirmation scenario.

Recommendation:

Propose this to Ideascale Forum for future backlog.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys I appreciate your help.

Leo-  In my testing, i'm experiencing an issue.  I have a Check element with Quality Check operation. However, when I try to Check Consistency of the Production Model I am receiving the below error.  It is the last operation in my BoO and the step before that is a Make operation. Not sure what i'm missing here...any idea?

" Operation OP_003 of type Check must be preceded with a reporting point mark"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out.  Needed a mark operation before the check operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Would it be possible to connect with you? I'd like to have a deeper conversation about this. I'll greatly appreciate it. I wouldn't take much of your time.  Please let me know.

My number is ***-***-****.

BJ

Message was edited by: Guilherme Rosario According to SCN rules, you are not supposed to enter sensitive information. Please remember you can use the Direct Message functionality.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Do you want to capture the cost of repair/rework?

If not, how about using Change of Stock/Physical Inventory adjustments to denote affected pieces as restricted or, even as separate product?  Once re-work or repair is done, re adjust to original stock type/product("A", in your example)?

If yes, then its more complex, I think. Change this to a separate product("B" having same valuation) which has a repair/correction Production model and whose output is "A". Capture your repair costs(via service or repair) on this.

Problem I see is that repair costs will be captured on a separate Production Lot rather than the original. That is why I think it makes sense to use integrated Quality check(Inspection task as last task) within Production Model so, that the original Production Lot is not closed till actual quantity is of full quantity and correct quality and all costs are captured together.

Regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Let's say we do not capture the cost of repair.  What would be the step by step process of doing what you suggested? Say my last task was that I finished a inspection operation in Production Control > Task Control.  And out of 5 quantity of Product A, 2 failed and need to go back in to rework. So now I have 3 fulfilled quantities and 2 scrapped. What would be my next step.

I'm just trying to understand how it will work in ByD. I appreciate your help.

BJ