cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with storyboard settings not saving in Lumira 1.28.2

0 Kudos

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone else having issues with settings not saving when designing storyboards?  I'm doing stuff such as editing font size of chart titles, renaming charts, essentially making style changes to the visualization objects.  When I go away from the 'compose' area, or reload Lumira, all of my settings seems to be missing.  I'm also occaisionally getting some type of 'object can resolve/load error' or 'add more measures error' (more measures to a visualization type that can only support 1 measure

Here's one of the specific errors:

Failed to create chart:[50014] Feed EM_20 could not accept more data containers . . . .

Help?

rpw

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy and Ludek,

Thanks for both your replies.  After posting, I did a little more investigating, and found out that Lumira is quite resource intensive.  I have been testing Lumira in two different environments, one of which has much more RAM and processor available.  I moved my work over to this environment, and it seemed to rectify some of the issues.  I'm only guessing that the additional resources was the issue, I'm not 100% certain that there are no other differences.  Both systems are running the same version (1.28.2) of Lumira.  At this point the issues seemed to be resolved, so my apologies, I don't have a screenshot to share.

besides resources, there was another small detail that I think was contributing to the behavior I was seeing.  In the storyboard page settings, there's one called 'refresh page on open'.  Once this was enabled, then at least the visualizations were refreshing upon load.

After moving my work over to another environment (with more system resources), this is when the issues around settings not being saved seemed to go away.  I'm not sure I can explain this, but basically, I would change the font size or style of a tiles or value in a visualization, and then click 'save' on the file.  I found that over time, some of these settings got lost, and I was back to the base version of the visualization.  As per Ludek's comment, I also wonder if what changed was, when the lumira files were migrated and subsequently saved on the other system, they were saved in the updated file format for 1.28.2.

At any rate, all is good now.  Thanks again for the help!

rpw

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate your investigations and descriptions. As for memory intensive. You are so right. This is from the Install Guide:

there are a few discussion son this on the forums.

Hopefully that was at the core of the issues...

Have a great weekend,

- Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

What is the datasource?

Are you using a lums file created in previous version of Lumira? If you are, do you get the same behavior with a new file?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saving the Lumira Document?  So far I haven't seen this.  Could you please upload a screen shot (using the camera icon)?