Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deconsolidation in Inbound Delivery

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on Complex Inbound Delivery process with Stage, deconsolidate and final putaway.There could be two scenarios-

1) One Inbound Delivery with an HU and two products in it going to different storage type (different deconsolidation group)

In this case it should go to deconsolidation and it works as expected.

2) One Inbound Delivery with two products going to different storage type (Deconsolidation Group) but packed in two different HU's.Doesn't it make sense to bypass deconsolidation step and put them away directly?

In this case also since deconsolidation group is different system is going to deko work center

I would like to know if there is a way I can bypass decons. work center with case 2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Khusboo.

give rule based in decon step in Storage control and put staging as source for this steps.

do same putaway flow for rule based customization in putaway.

flag and product + HU flag

after this all will work as you are expecting

when 2 product pack in one HU it will go decon.

and if 2 product pack in 2 hu then it will bypass decon.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou Suraj and Rohit,

Its working now, system is not creating task for IB02.But I have an issue, task for IB03 step is in waiting status even after I confirmed task for IB01.I am not sure what system is expecting in between IB01 IB03.

Regards,

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check what is External step assigned to the HU and HU completion check box is checked or not.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I see IB01 step assigned.But I don't see HU step completed.

In the mean time I was testing case 1 with these settings and it seems even it is bypassing IB02.That shouldn't happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

Yes, as per told earlier, now after the settings which you have done, the HU's will go to Deconsolidation work center only when there is a conflict of activity area.

In you case, final put away bin for both the product, will be assigned to same activity area that's why IB02 step is getting skipped.

If you still want that even if the activity area is same and if the number of products is more than 1 in HU then look for below path and make the necessary configuration:--

Extended Warehouse Management --->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation --->Define Attributes for Deconsolidation

Example:--

You receive a deconsolidation HU with fifteen WTs, all of whose destination data is assigned to the same activity area. You have set the Maximum Number of WTs in the Deconsolidation HU to ten and the Maximum Number of WTs in the Putaway HU to five. This means that when process-oriented warehouse control is in operation, the HU is directed to a deconsolidation station because the Maximum Number of WTs in the Deconsolidation HU has been exceeded.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thankyou for your efforts,but it does not seem to fit my requirement.

"If you still want that even if the activity area is same and if the number of products is more than 1 in HU":

- Yes one mixed pallet would mean one HU WT.

In my case its one pallet that has two products. In IB01 step I will create only one WT for deconsolidating HU. This setting seems to control no of WT.How to achieve IB02 with only one mixed Pallet going to same AA?

Regards,

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

This is what i have understood from your above query:--

1) If a HU is having a single product, you dont want the HU at Deconsolidation work center.

2) If a HU is having more than one product ( even though belong to same activity area ) you want it to go to deconsolidation work center.

To achieve this maintain the work center or storage bin in path.

Extended Warehouse Management --->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation --->Specify Deconsolidation Station.

above step will help you to do set up for 1st understanding point and then follow the below path.

Extended Warehouse Management--->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation --->Define Attributes for Deconsolidation

In this maintain your warehouse number, activity area ( linked with final putaway bin where your products are going ), Activity as Putaway, and maintain value 1 in field "Maximum number of WT in Deconsolidation HU".

Above step will ensure that when ever u have a HU with 2 products ( final putaway tasks more that 1 ), HU is moved to Deconsolidation WC.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

This is what i have understood from your above query:--

1) If a HU is having a single product, you dont want the HU at Deconsolidation work center.

2) If a HU is having more than one product ( even though belong to same activity area ) you want it to go to deconsolidation work center.

To achieve this maintain the work center or storage bin in path.

Extended Warehouse Management --->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation --->Specify Deconsolidation Station.

above step will help you to do set up for 1st understanding point and then follow the below path.

Extended Warehouse Management--->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation --->Define Attributes for Deconsolidation

In this maintain your warehouse number, activity area ( linked with final putaway bin where your products are going ), Activity as Putaway, and maintain value 1 in field "Maximum number of WT in Deconsolidation HU".

Above step will ensure that when ever u have a HU with 2 products ( final putaway tasks more that 1 ), HU is moved to Deconsolidation WC.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check smq2 you may have stuck queue.

also check as Rohit suggested. it was very good explanation. also decon has lots of algorithm to work. you need to check diff scenario where it work and where you get waiting task and all.

@ Rohit >> Nice explanation.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj .

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou Rohit,it was indeed a very Good explanation.

Thankyou Suraj to you too. With the help of both of you I have been able to achieve my requirement.

Regards,

Khushboo

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I did test this scenario and it worked somehow it has stopped working now. I have opened a new thread ,As you already know the background it would be great if you can take a look.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3791891

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

Don't give any destination i.e. work center for deconsolidation in the step IB02 ( or which ever step you have defined ) and make that step as rule based and give the work center or destination bin in below path:--

Extended Warehouse Management --->Goods Receipt Process --->Deconsolidation ---->Specify Deconsolidation Station.

Once you make the above setting then the system will move the HU's to Deconsolidation work center only when activities area conflict is there.

Regards,

Rohit