Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leaders,

I am working in IT helpdesk in Sapient consulting ltd. having 2 years. Now i want to switch my role from helpdesk to SAP ABAP developer. Since i am new to the technology hence i don't have much idea about where to start from.

I have gone through some post on google about netweaver and workbench tools but need some more clarification. As per carrier perspective i think being an ABAP developer would be greater than IT helpdesk associate.

Your advice appericated..

Many Thanks

Vinay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you are interested for sap HANA then you can enroll for this course free of cost

Software Development on SAP HANA (Delta SPS 09, Repeat) - Thomas Jung and Rich Heilman

going to be held from 15th of september onwards.

Regards

Nav

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

It depends on your passion & background.

As ABAP is all about coding make sure you enjoy doing that, Its a skill and you need proper training before hand.

And on top ABAP market is saturated- mean there are more than enough resources already.

And if you want to, You can opt to become 'SAP HANA Developer' which will have demanding career down the line.

All the very best.

regards,

Rv

0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Balimi,

Thanks for your response, is there any pre-requisites to learning Hana, coz i have heard about one should know Abap or any other module of SAP to understand insights of Hana.

Yes, i m passionate about coding as i was a good coder of c and c++ in my college days also i m good at SQL, but unfortunately couldn't get chance to code in company.

Please guide me..

Many thanks

Vinay

0 Kudos

Vinay,

Having prior SAP and related ABAP knowledge is advantageous but not mandatory.

Go through 'SAP HANA Development' courses and/or material available (can google it), you can get a overview on whats it all about.

https://blogs.saphana.com/2012/09/07/sap-hana-for-beginners/

regards,

Rv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you are interested for sap HANA then you can enroll for this course free of cost

Software Development on SAP HANA (Delta SPS 09, Repeat) - Thomas Jung and Rich Heilman

going to be held from 15th of september onwards.

Regards

Nav

0 Kudos

Many Thanks Mr. Kumar,

I have enrolled myself in the course, I hope by attending this course will give me some idea towards the development in HANA.

If you have any effective material or tutorial for learning HANA, kindly post me. I will be thankful.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If looking for the documents related to hana then goto the same site where you enrolled yourself and there look for the past courses related to hana , enroll then enter the course and you can download all the docs related to it.It will be really helpful to you and just go through scn you will get a lot of explanation over here related to it.

Regards

Nav