cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errors when calling Crystal report from dotnet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an issues connecting dotnet application with Crystal report 2013.

In (existing) production, application is using old BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5(CR-X1 R2) and old dotnet framework V 2.0.

In new test-VM, reports are migrated from CR-XIR2 to CR2008 and CR2008 migrated to CR2013 after server installations.

Also dotnet application framework is upgraded, all other features are running fine except crystal reports.

I am getting following error when trying to access the reports, i did not change the code after reports migration:-

ERROR: The document has not been opened.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.get_DatabaseController()

This error appearing when i am using .rpt files from the server folder location, same mechanism used in old crystal server. After getting these errors, i tried to use reports that are in CR repository which i migrated through upgraded tool by changing Crystal.UseLocalReports = true , i am getting below error:-

ERROR: Method 'get_HistoryInfos' in type

'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper' from

assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=14.0.3500.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' does not have an

implementation.

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Initialize()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor()

any advice is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, this is what i did:-

• The application has been upgraded SDK wise from XI R2 to CR 2008 to CR Server 2013.
  • The application basically is designed to access reports from the disk as well as from the BI Repository.
  • For now only need the application to access the reports from the disk.
  • The dev machine has BI 4.1 Client tools (14.1.1) and CR .NET SDK (13.0.14) installed.
  • So to access the reports from the disk itself I needed the in proc RAS SDK and so next will be uninstalling the client tools from the machine and will refer the 13.0.14 references in the application.

Action:

• Uninstalled BI 4.1 Client tools (14.1.1) on Dev PC
  • Changed the references to 13.0.2000.0 in .config files

Next:

• Install the same .NET SDK Runtimes of 13 version on your server
  • Uninstall the 14 version of .NET SDK runtimes and client tools from server

Next:

• Recompiled the DLL.
  • Change the target machine to x86 (32 bit) in IIS Application Pool.
  • Restarted Pool.

Now reports not displaying, reviewed the code, checked the log files located here

C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1\

Issue: found out that crystalreportviewers13 is being used, however there is no folder available on the location where app is looking it:-

/aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727/crystalreportviewers13

Solution:-

• Found crystalreportviewers13 here: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\
  • Copy the folder 2_0_50727 and past it under my App aspnet_client folder.
  • Report is visible now.
0 Kudos

This is going to cause problems:

The dev machine has BI 4.1 Client tools (14.1.1) and CR .NET SDK (13.0.14) installed.

You cannot use CR for VS version 13 dll's with a 14.1 application.

CR for VS does not support Managed Reports, there is no Enterprise Dll's shipped with it. and 14.1 is not compatible with VS 13.0 dll's. Same thing if you try to install CR 2010 ( version 14.0 ) and CR 2013 ( version 14.1 ) on the same PC, they will not work side by side.

So all I can say is good luck.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

It appears you are using BOE .NET SDK and attempting to connect to a BOE Server.

Need details about the versions you are using?

If you are attempting to just use what is installed with CR 2013 that will not work, we no longer ship the SDK packages with CR Designer. The runtime for CE 2011 and above is now separate download and install.

Download the runtime that is supported in Visual Studio 2010 or above from this link:

First link to integrate into VS, all others are for Redist ONLY, do not install them on your DEV PC.

We do not support earlier versions of SDK in VS 2010 or above.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I am using Visual studio 2013 professional.

The up-gradation i did was on Server, I installed CR server also on Win 2008 server where my application is installed.

However I did installed SAP BO BI platform .net sdk redistributable 64 bit 4.1 SP6 on server.

Hasan.