cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IP - Inputting % Value in KPI and Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in one of my planning workbook to plan a %age Value for a Discount KPI. This %age could be at higher granularity level and need to be used for lower granularity levels too. But if I do a disaggregation to put values at lower granularity level then it splits that percentage.

For Example:

If I have 4 articles in one Product Category(PC1) and I plan 20% as Discount for that Category. Then 20% gets disaggregated in 4 articles as 5%.

Category     Article   %

PC1               A1     5

PC1               A2     5

PC1               A3     5

PC1               A4     5

Overall Results     20

But I want it to happen as below -

Category     Article   %

PC1               A1     20

PC1               A2     20

PC1               A3     20

PC1               A4     20

Overall Results     20

Kindly let me know if there is any solution to achieve this.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

I think you can only achieve this by using a copy function.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Can you please explain further, how can I achieve this by using copy function?

PS. I am on BW 7.1

Regards,

Ravi

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

i can not anwer those geenral questions.

You need to specify your question in detail.

mainly it is:

either you have fixed source and target objects, then you can use the standard copy function,

or you have the flexible objects of hierarchy nodes and childs, then you can use a fox formula.

Search in SAP help, OSS and here in SCN on how to use hierarchy nodes in fox, I remember that I found once a very nice description about this.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cornelia.

Sorry that I have not furnished enough details. I got a workaround to do this. I am saving values instead of percentage and tweaking the values when the dependent KPI changes. This way I am able to get the percentage figure the way I wanted. Percentage is being calculated by Inverse formula with value and also set as plannable.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

just one remark:

Since BW7.30, SP08 BW-IP supports also special types of 'transactional' DataStore-Objects, that may contain key figures with aggregation 'NO2' (no aggregation, cf. transaction RSD1 on the 'aggregation tab'). This type of aggregation is the correct one for non-aggregatable values like 'prices' and '%' if one wants to store these values on DB. In the query one can make these key figures input-ready and use disaggregation 'copy'.

Regards,

Gregor

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I am too facing the same issue and try to work with inverse formula and storing the value instead of % .

But even though the dis-aggregation is done and the % is not copied equally . Have you done any additional setting ?