Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create EP Roles for LSO roles in ECC

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We've below set of LSO roles in ECC. We need to create corresponding EP Roles . Kindly let me know how to create these roles from ECC.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

You can do this from the portal by uploading the ECC Roles

In content admin, right click and select NEW, role from backend

Good luck!

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. I have uploaded all roles but it says No content available for this navigation for Instructor and Tutor role.

My Portal consultant says Pages not uploaded for this. Can u please guide?

Regards,

Niladri

0 Kudos

Open the portal Role object and change the Entry Point and Visible properties to your liking. For instance, you'd want to check the mentioned properties for Display Course if that's the iView you're after.

Please mark as answered if this does the trick

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

As Brandon suggests once you have uploaded roles to the EP edit them and check the entry points and visibility flags.

I’ve found that the upload process is not robust, various properties are lost, and some as far as I can see can only be made in the pcd configuration in the portal. Things like sort and merge orders. Its annoying because every time I upload a minor change to a role I am them re-editing the role every time.

I’m almost at the point where I am uploading the role as an initial one off exercise then developing the role further in the portal, and handling the transports on the portal side as they get out of line with the initial back end role. I worry for anyone making changes in the future, as they will have to be aware of the minor changes they lose if the upload the role again.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

We are using EP 7.4 Netweaver. What are the steps?

Regards,

Niladri