cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN JE some of the items are posted Negative Inventory Adjustment Acct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Strangely when we put the credit note, some of the journals went to the negative stock adjustment, normally when stock returned back it should all goes to the stock , I have checked the document setting block negative stock is checked.

Eg the journal should be:

Dr stock

Cr cost of goods sold

Dr Creditors

Cr  sales  

The second half was correct, however instead of all returns goes back to stock, some of them go to the stock adjustment.

SAP version is 8.8 PL18 hotfix1

Stock valuation method is moving average.

The only reason I can think of is 'The document price is different from the moving average'. how to find this is the cause? is there a report or query available?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Any advice to find out the solution quickly please? Difficult to check Item by item..

Regards,

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Journal entries are you posted in discussion is correct only.  Can you explain more with screen shot for you expectation.

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I have attached a screen shot of the Journal where I have highlighted in red, some of them are gone into the correct stock account and some to Stock Adjustment. Any idea how to identify which items are the issue and why? 

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

Check the Sales Return in G/L Account Determination (Your Set G/L Account Method by Warehouse/ItemGroup/ Item).  All the account in above field are mapped in Asset Account). 

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your response.

Is there a query I can use to find out? Since this Credit Note is massive.. has a number of items

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has any one come across this issue?

Would you recommend to report this to SAP support?

Regards,

Mohan