cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT 0021 Object Identification ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Greetings, I am facing an issue with IT 0021 object identification field. object Identification has already activated for the subtype AA01 , time constraint '2'. but i am not able to save a reacord for subtype AA01. system throwing an error message  "ID number should have only 11 digits".  I proposed solution to my user to change error message into information message from the table T100S. but even i  feel that i am missing some configuration set up . could you please advice me on this??

for reference snap shot below on this.

Thanks in advance.

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check infotype 0185 record for the employee?

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donnie,

we are facing this issue for the country grouping "QA". same functionality is working fine for "BH" country grouping. as you suggested i haved checked in IT 0185. system allowing me to save the record for "BH" without considering IT 0185. my assumption was technically 0021 and IT 0185 are no where related. please correct me if i am thinking incorrect, and advice why system behaving like this for paricular country grouping only.

Thanks in advance

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Qatar, infotype 0021 has an additional view coming from infotype 3304. One cannot maintain additional infotypes directly – SAP does it for you. In the input module MP330430 for infotype 3304, there is logic in form ICNUM_QA to check length for ID number maintained on infotype 0185 - document types 01 or 02. The ID must be 11 digits long. Here’s a snippet of the code that has comments on validation rules:

* Validation on the Qatar specific identity number field on

* infotype 0185 (ID Asia).

*•  ID card

*(11 numbers, and 1st digit is 2), ), it should be followed also by employee

* file number at arrival affairs section in ministry of interior, the file number

*  format is (4 chr.)yyyy/ (10 chr.) xxxxxxxxxx ex. employee ID no. 21345678901,

*  attached. example of file number is 2011/1234567890

*•  RP (Resident permit – 11 numbers and 1st digit is 2)

Further, form ICNUM_QA in include P0185QA0 (which is for infotype 0185 for Qatar) has logic to check length for ID number. In addition to the validation rules mentioned above, it has these rules:

**--> For year below 2000. ID number should start with "2"

*     For year from 2000. ID number should start with 3.

**--> Get Year first field and increment by 1.

Bottom line, as suggested earlier, you need to check infotype 0185 for the employee.

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donnie,

Thank you so much for spending time to provide detaild information on this. Thanks alot . if i find any discrepancy then i will come up with findings.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donnie,

sorry to chase you  like this, herewith my observations below:

as per standard IT 0185 will updates IT 3304, from IT 3304 >>IT 0021 will be created.

• There are few employee who are from QA country grouping IT 0021 was successfully created earlier without maintaing IT 0185. now we are not able as per above snap shots.
  • I have tried the same by maintaing IT 0185 . but IT 3304 is not getting updated by system.
  • my assumption is there might be some SAP note, which will correct this issue. could you please advice any notes existed for the same..
  • System details..ECC6, EHP4,Support pack 084.

Many thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are able to maintain infotype 0185 record, you would need to run report RPUPAV00 to generate the corresponding record for infotype 3304. Please be very careful with that report. I highly recommend going through the documentation and doing a test run. There is no transaction code for it either. You will need to run it through SE38/SE80.

Reason you need to do this because of new infotype framework, SAP expects and maintains additional infotype views. Report RPUPAV00 is delivered to "convert" legacy records.

You can look in tables T582V and T582W for other infotypes that have an additional view.

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shailvora
Participant
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3900540

Hi All

Can you guys help me with this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you double click on the error message and send a screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Thank you for your response.   Please find the below snap on this as you requested.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this error points to Object id. I think it points to the identification details of the family member. Usually, when an error is thrown, the system highlights the relevant erroneous field in Red. Can you check if any field gets highlighted here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Object ID field is showing as error out in the below snap. i am more eager to figur out this, becasue it  is issue with for  one country only.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

The red highlight corresponds to the warning message in your first screenshot, not the error message in the second. Can you send a screenshot of this infotype for the country that works correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Pls find the below snap for which working fine.

Many thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a difference in the screen. The identification documents section is not there. Can you check the screen modifications in T588M based on P0021 return value for the two countries. I think if you are okay with the same screen in both, then the return value of the feature can be updated accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Thank you so much for the valueble inputs on this.i will check in the system and i will come back to you with further investigation as you suggested.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome!